Have you ever had to machine a slot but didn’t want to mill the slot out completely with an end mill?
Looking for a quicker way to remove material from slots or other linear type patterns?
We just completed what we call a new “drill nibbling” or what others might call a “plunge milling” conversational menu in our KipwareM® – conversational CNC programming software for milling. For the machining described above … why would you pull out your complex and expensive CAD/CAM system or run to your overpaid CAD/CAM operator to create this G code ?? … when you could pull up KipwareM® … answer a few questions … and bang out some awesome G code in a matter of minutes.
The details …
Here’s a look at some of the screen and results.
The DRILL NIBBLING conversational screen has a number of unique features like :
- The ability to select the step over amount and number of plunges to make per location. This gives the user complete control over the cutting conditions.
- The ability to enter the “slot” center locations either manually or through a direct DXF file import.
- The ability to use any standard drill cycle … spot, peck, peck with complete retraction or drill with dwell. Again … alowing for complete control over the cutting conditions.
- The number of “slot” locations is not limited … any number of slot or pattern locations can be input.
- The pattern can be drilled along the X or the Y axis … so vertically or horizontally.
You can create efficient plunge milling G code in a matter of seconds with KipwareM® … no drawing … no complex and expensive CAD/CAM system required. Just answer a few questions and BANG … G code.
As this capability demonstrates … Kipware® conversational is NOT a G code “wizard” creating underdeveloped and simplistic toolpaths … but rather a robust, shop floor programming system that can tackle the everyday CNC programming quickly and easily because it IS a powerful, complete CNC programming system.
Kenney Skonieczny – President