Years of planning … preparation … and execution are about to become reality as the innovators and pioneers at Kentech Inc. prepare to launch The Kipware® Cloud on April 15, 2016.
What is SaaS ?
Software as a service (or SaaS) is a way of delivering applications over the Internet—as a service. Instead of installing and
maintaining software on a PC, you simply access it via the Internet, freeing the user from “seats”, maintenance, “crashes” and all hardware management issues. SaaS applications oftentimes have different names such as web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. However it is referred … the basic idea is that the software is not installed or run on a local PC but is installed and run on the SaaS provider’s server and is accessed through an internet connection and browser. The provider manages access to the application along with security, availability, performance as well as all updates and upgrades.
What is The Kipware® Cloud ?
The Kipware® Cloud brings all of our world renowned CNC and machine shop software applications … proven in-the-trenches since 1986 … 3 decades … together under one roof … hosted in the cloud. Users having unlimited access to ANY or ALL Kipware® applications … at ANYTIME … from ANYWHERE … on ANY DEVICE.
The Kipware® Cloud utilizes a “private cloud” type environment which basically means each user is using their own, individual PC hosted over the internet. Only that user has access to their PC and it’s environment.
- Need to generate a machining cycletime estimate … just log on and start KipwareCYC®.
- Need to generate a cost estimate and quotation … just log on and start KipwareQTE®.
- Want to create a CNC program for turning or milling using our world renowned conversational software … just log on and start KipwareM®, KipwareT® or the SketchPad.
- Need to convert a G code program from Fanuc format to Okuma format … just log on and start Kipware® CNC XChange.
- Need to convert ANY G code program from one format to another … just log on and start KipwareXC®.
The Kipware® Cloud frees the user from the constraints of the desktop or laptop or any single device … from installed software … from “seats” … from upgrade headaches … and so much more. Through the Kipware® Cloud, the innovators and pioneers at Kentech Inc. have taken another giant leap toward providing unprecedented efficiency and productivity to our Kipware® family.
WHY is the Kipware® Cloud a
MUST HAVE ?
While some CNC and machine shop software and CAD/CAM providers give the user access to ONE application … the Kipware® MAX Cloud gives the user access to a complete SUITE of applications as listed below … or build their own Kipware® MINI Cloud that would include only the application or applications they require from the list below. If your shop struggles with the “CNC control incompatibility” issue … The Kipware® CONVERSION Cloud can be the ticket to increased shop floor efficiency and productivity.
- Create a machining cycletime estimate through our KipwareCYC® application.
- Create a cost estimate and quotation through our KipwareQTE® application.
- Create a milling G code program using our KipwareM® conversational CNC application.
- Create a turning G code program using our KipwareT® conversational CNC application.
- Create a turning or milling G code program from a DXF file or a user drawing using our Kipware® SketchPad conversational CAD/CAM application.
- Convert a FANUC formatted milling or turning G code program to OKUMA format using our Kipware® CNC XChange application.
- Convert an OKUMA formatted milling or turning G code program to FANUC format using our Kipware® CNC XChange application.
- Convert any milling or turning G code program from one format to another using our KipwareXC® application.
- Want to LEARN G code programming? Have a question about a G code command or it’s use? Fire up our KipwareEDU® CNC Programming Training and Reference application.
Through the Kipware® MAX Cloud, registered users have UNLIMITED access to ALL the applications outlined above … from anywhere … and on any device. And since it’s hosted in the cloud …
- There’s nothing to install … just log on from anywhere and any device using only an internet connection.
- No upgrades to worry about … you’ll always be using the latest version of all applications.
- No PC “crash” worries … it’s not installed on your PC !!
All at a cost FAR LESS than the single application offerings of other providers !!
And the Kipware® MINI Cloud gives users the ability to have unlimited access from anywhere on any device and to select the
applications that make the most sense for their requirements. A Kipware® MINI Cloud subscription includes ANY (1) application from the list above with the ability to add additional titles for a small additional monthly charge. This option gives users the ability to BUILD a cloud solution based specifically on their needs and requirements.
The Kipware® CONVERSION Cloud gives users unlimited access to ALL the groundbreaking Kipware® G code conversion applications … from anywhere on any device. If your shop struggles with the “control incompatibility” issues … The Kipware® CONVERSION Cloud can put those issues behind and open up the door to increased shop floor efficiency and productivity. And because it’s cloud based … it’s available to anyone … anywhere … on any device.
If you are wondering about the PROS and CONS of SaaS and cloud computing … we put a list together and invite you to browse over to the Kipware® Cloud website to check ’em out HERE.
The Innovators and Pioneers at Kentech Inc.
Just want to take a moment to thank everyone who has been involved with the realization of this next step for Kentech Inc. and our Kipware® family. Lots of long hours and hard work have gone into this over many years … and we are SOOOO proud to be bringing one of the most innovative and pioneering machine shop / manufacturing tools to market.
You can rest assured that the work will not start with the launch but will continue as we support and continue to innovate as the years roll on.
Want to get in on the EFFICIENCY?
The first step is a trip to fully investigate The Kipware® Cloud and SaaS for Manufacturing … TAKE THE FIRST STEP HERE !!
We are now accepting pre-orders for The Kipware® MINI Cloud – The Kipware® MAX Cloud and The Kipware® CONVERSION Cloud HERE. Orders received will be operational form 4/15 to 4/18.
Kenney Skonieczny – President