We have received numerous requests from our clients to enhance some of our milling menus to EASILY accommodate for operations like OD and ID THREAD MILLING and OD and ID HELICAL MILLING to be performed in multiple locations. Currently the user can create one cycle … then copy that cycle and change the X/Y locations to create a cycle for the same operation in a different location. Not to hard … but cumbersome when you have 30 or 100 locations to accommodate.
So we got to work … and have released version 21.1.0 of KipwareM® with the following upgrade feature.
(1) OD and ID THREAD MILLING and OD and ID HELICAL MILLING now have the following option button …
Instead of just simple X and Y location fields … the user will then be presented with the following menu …
Users can then generate an UNLIMITED of X/Y locations where the cycle will be performed using :
(1) A BOLT CIRCLE conversational menu that allows the software to auto-calculate the locations for holes along the user defined bolt circle.
(2) A GRID PATTERN conversational menu that allows the software to auto-calculate the locations for holes along the user defined grid pattern.
(3) A HOLES-ON-A-LINE conversational menu that allows the software to auto-calculate the locations for holes along a user defined line at any angle.
(4) Read locations directly from a DXF file … every location of a POINT in the DXF will be recorded as a hole location in the form.
(5) MANUALLY enter an unlimited number of X/Y locations.
Our users have told us that this type of simple, conversational option is not available in any package they have been exploring … and we’re happy to provide this powerful option to our KipwareM® family of users.
This new feature is shipping standard with all KipwareM® orders as of 2/11/2021. Existing users can explore UPGRADE options by CLICKING HERE.
This newest feature is proving once again that Kentech Inc. developers are INNOVATORS and PIONEERS and illustrating why Kipware® conversational is the gold standard in PC based conversational CNC programming software.
Kenney Skonieczny – President